The Science of Well-being
Theory & Practice
Introductory Course Curriculum
Introduction to The Science of Happiness
Next Step: Proficiency Certificate Course
Includes 20% Off Certificate Courses
Mental Health: New Discoveries
Learn about remarkable new discoveries in the Science of Well-being including "food for mood," the power of goal-setting, and finding meaning.
Learn about leading theories and applications of Positive Psychology on personal happiness and well-being, by pioneers Martin Seligman and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
The Science of Happiness
The Science of Happiness is accelerating. Explore the practical “habits of happy people” through new discoveries in the social and natural sciences.
What People Are Saying
Free Introductory Course: Key Benefits
What you'll learn:
What you'll earn
Includes 20% Off Certificate Courses
About The Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the intro course really free?
Yes, no strings attached!
How long does the intro course take to complete?
As long as you like. Each of the three videos lasts about 10 minutes. The Introductory and Proficiency Courses are completely self-paced.
What's so special about this program?
Firstly, instead of following a particular school of thought, we follow the Science of Happiness as it unfolds. For example, this year, major systematic reviews indicate that:
- Regular, mixed physical exercise generates large quantities of the brain growth hormone BDNF, which protects against both depression and neurodegeneration.
- Walking through rural or urban forested areas, for only 15 mins, alleviates both depression and anxiety
Secondly, our material is drawn from the natural sciences (it covers topics such as “food and mood,” sleeping habits, exercise, etc) as well as modern psychology, including Positive Psychology.
How can I benefit from these courses?
- 76% of students who practice only one of the “habits of happy people” described in the course, report feeling happier.
- About 50% of our students take the Proficiency Course to improve their personal wellbeing and find relief from depression.
- About 25% of our students are mental health professionals, including counselors, psychologists, nurses, and life coaches, seeking online training on wellbeing and depression prevention.
- The provision of curricula and courses on mental health in schools is a top priority. About 25% of our students are K-12 and university educators.
Questions? Call 1 (631) 762-4506
The Science of Happiness (Free Introductory Course)
Pass the Introductory Course & earn 20% off the Certificate Course!
Includes 20% Off the Certificate Course
"I love The Science of Happiness: Theory and Practice! The Mini-Course is an excellent introduction to the topic with well written, easy to follow content on an easy to use electronic format. I appreciated the background data on depression, diabetes (and more!) as much as I enjoyed learning about the pioneers of happiness psychology. The current recommendations for a happy life are thoughtful, as is the suggestion to concoct one’s own particular “happiness soup.” Thank you for such a user-friendly, info-packed introductory course that’s effortless to access online any time, anywhere!"
– Jo Becker
"A great introduction to the science of happiness. I was surprised at the level of detailed information in the sections on the theory and practise. Often mini courses lack content but I found this very informative."
– Emma Brown
"I was recommended to do this course by a friend in Australia. I am usually very active but with the resections brought about by Covid -19 this gave me an interest. The Course was well structured and presented. Very clear and easy to understand. The content was interesting. At the end I wanted to continue learning. My only comment for improvement would be to have the last module on what we could study next and how to go about it. I am looking forward to learning more about happiness."