The Science of Happiness: Theory and Practice
- Explore leading theories in Positive Psychology on personal happiness and well-being in the workplace
- Appreciate the implications of recent studies in the social and natural sciences for personal happiness and well-being
- Explore the remarkable parallels between the modern science of happiness and ancient wisdom
This course on happiness and Positive Psychology examines recent discoveries in the scientific study of happiness, and the practical implications for personal well-being. It is open to all, and will be of special interest to educators, managers, coaches, human service professionals, doctors, psychologists and other health professionals who would like to:
- Empower others to realize their own potential for happiness, well-being and success
- Understand the major theories and practices of positive psychology and the science of happiness
- Infuse current work with an evidence-based focus on positive psychology, resilience and human-flourishing
- Integrate applications of positive psychology and the science of happiness into daily life
Mark Setton is the co-founder and CEO of Pursuit-of-Happiness.org. He has studied and published works on East Asian philosophy and well-being for the past 30 years.
Mark earned his M.A. in philosophy and education at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul and his doctorate at Oxford University. He has taught at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, the University of California at Berkeley, Oxford University and presently, the University of Bridgeport.
Mark and his team design and teach educational programs on the science and implementation of well-being for secondary schools, universities and corporations.